SE-111 20 Stockholm
Tel.: +46 8 545 217 50
President: Jan Byfors
Managing Director: Olof Johansson
Number of direct members: 5.200
Number of qualified valuers (inviduals): 198
Number of valuation companies: 52
Member of TEGoVA since: 2012
Category of membership: Observer
Founded in January 2013, the new organisation is the result of the merger of ASPECT and SVR
Permanent Representative to TEGoVA
Forum Fastighetsekonomi AB
602 24 Norrköping
Tel: +46 11 442 22 60
Mob: +46 70 580 31 29
Brief History & Role
The organisation is an unpolitical, non-profit organisation for the built environment. It was founded Jan 1, 2013 by the merge of two organisations: ASPECT (Association for Surveying, Property Evaluation and valuation, Competence development and Transaction) and SVR (Swedish Society of Civil and Structural Engineers).
Members are involved in every step of the building process, from initial idea, through projecting and production to management of buildings, bridges and other constructional works or spatial planning and environmental control.
Members include chartered surveyors and real estate economics.
Members are either publicly employed by the government or the local community or employed by privately owned companies.
Principal Areas of Policy
• Law for Community Planning
• Environmental Law and Economics
• Property Management
• Transaction and Financing
• Methods for Community Planning
• City Development
• Real Estate Valuation (SFF)
• Authorisation of real estate valuers
• Development of real estate economic methods
• Promotion of the practical application of these methods
• Participation in education in real estate economics and valuation
• Participation in debates, etc
• Maintaining the network between the professionals
SFF, which is part of Sammhällsbyggarna, is the Swedish organisation for real estate valuers and real estate economists.
SFF is responsible for the certification of real estate valuers under its own system which started in 1994. The system is ensuring that the valuer has the accurate theoretical and practical background in order to be able to make market valuations.
Currently, the system has qualified 198 valuers.